Review Sorting Methodology
G2 puts logic in place to ensure the reviews shown on product pages are the most helpful to buyers. When the page is sorted by default, the sort is calculated with a custom algorithm that includes the following data points.
- Recency of the review
- Amount of feedback provided in the review
- Attribution (Did the reviewer keep their name and company public)
- Whether the reviewer is a current user of the solution (Included a screen shot)
- Community engagement with the review
G2 Star Rating Methodology
The G2 Star Rating is calculated by aggregating reviewers' answers to our Likely to Recommend question (1–10 scale) and dividing the average in half.
You will see half stars because the visual is rounded up to the nearest half.
Alternatives Sorting Methodology
The top alternatives sorting algorithm is meant to surface the products most similar in functionality and which buyers can leverage for similar uses. Three sources of information are used to determine the sort, as listed below:
- The breadth of overlap in categories as determined by G2 research analysts, as an indicator of similarity of function
- The depth of category overlap based on the number of reviews attributed to each category, as an indicator of overlap of usage
- The number of product to product comparisons made by G2 users, as an indicator of overlap of interest from buyers