During this worldwide crisis, no industry seems to be immune to the drastic economic downturn caused by COVID-19. Many companies are stepping up to assist their struggling customers, even if it means reconsidering their bottom line.
This is particularly true within the accounting and tax software industries, where organizations are aiming to help vulnerable customers and flustered accountants navigate these uncertain times. Below is a list of some of the software companies that are offering free services and/or resources, along with more information about obtaining these services.
|Related: 10 software categories with growing demand to support remote work →|
Invoiced, an accounts receivable (AR) automation software, is currently offering free services to U.S. nonprofit organizations for up to six months. (Please note these free services are limited to Invoiced's "Basic" plan, which is normally $100 per month.)
This plan includes the following features:
- Invoiced A/R management dashboard
- An integrated customer billing portal that offers payments via direct debit, credit card, PayPal, and check/wire instructions
- Automated dunning, communication, and reminders
- Turnkey integration with QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, and Xero
- Invoice delivery via email, text, and print/mail
- Payment/installment plans
- Late fees, early payment discounts, and credit card convenience fees
- Integration with dozens of other tools like Avalara, Slack, Zapier, and more
- Detailed reporting and analytics
- Email and chat-based support
More details about this offer can be found here.
Accounts payable (AP) automation software company, Avidxchange, has created a program for businesses to process invoices and payments at no cost for one year. The company's goal is to “provide quick setup and configuration of automated accounts payable and payments to enable you to process your invoices and payments from anywhere, at any time, at no cost for year one.” According to Avidxchange, 54% of AP professionals said working from home would have a significant to extremely high impact on their finance team’s ability to process invoices, and this new program is their solution to this problem.
1-800Accountant, a virtual team of certified public accountants (CPAs), enrolled agents (EAs), tax professionals, bookkeepers, and payroll specialists, is offering the following free services to small businesses:
- Free assistance, tax preparation, and consultation to small businesses, freelancers, gig workers, and independent contractors who have been impacted by the coronavirus
- Free tax analysis to determine if businesses qualify for various forms of coronavirus tax relief
- Tax return preparation for free for very small businesses like sole-proprietors and freelancers
Further information about this offering is located here.