ATPCO Cloud Migration

August 2, 2019

Airline data is going to the clouds with you.

DC-based ATPCO (Airline Tariff Publishing Company)—a source of fare, fare-related, and tariff data for the airline and travel industry—has begun moving its data to the cloud. ATPCO’s 2018 acquisition, Routehappy, is already utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) to cloud host its data, and it appears ATPCO is following suit, with a migration to AWS already in progress.

The move comes in an effort for ATPCO to focus more heavily on top-of-stack function, where customers see the most added value. By eliminating physical servers (and the pain points associated with them), ATPCO can increase the value of its data and respond more dynamically to the expanding airline industry.

Cloud-hosted infrastructure as a service (IaaS), due to its improved scalability and reduced costs, has seen increasing adoption as businesses of all sizes have become more data-reliant. Amazon is taking the lion’s share of this demand, projected to host 47% of all cloud computing by the end of 2019.

Amazon EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud)—Amazon’s virtual computing behemoth—is a commanding leader among G2’s IaaS user reviewers. EC2’s service distribution shows that there is no business too big or small for cloud hosting; through August 1 this year, 77.8% of G2 reviewers using EC2 come from SMB, with the remaining 22.2% constituting enterprise clients. 

ATPCO Cloud Migration ATPCO—the go-to source of fare, fare-related, and tariff data for the airline and travel industry—is moving to the cloud. Here’s why.
Zack Busch Zack is a former G2 senior research analyst for IT and development software. He leveraged years of national and international vendor relations experience, working with software vendors of all markets and regions to improve product and market representation on G2, as well as built better cross-company relationships. Using authenticated review data, he analyzed product and competitor data to find trends in buyer/user preferences around software implementation, support, and functionality. This data enabled thought leadership initiatives around topics such as cloud infrastructure, monitoring, backup, and ITSM.